geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <>
Subject GeronimoMBeanEndPoint - operation vs. attribute
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:43:32 GMT

GeronimoMBeanEndPoint allow to invoke endpoints only via JMX operations:
InvokeMBean instances abstracting the connections are always methods.

I do have the feeling that it was an intentional decision.

If my assumption is true, then I would like to change the implementation in
order to distinguish operations and attributes. The goal is to try to stick
to the "lexical design patterns" of the JMX specifications. As a matter of
fact, such an update means that MBeanInfo returned by endpoints must also be

Aside this update, I also would like to change the formal parameters of
endpoints having more than one target. By now, such endpoints are
declared/defined like this:
public void setMyEndPoint(Collection aCollectionOfProxy);

I would like to declare them like this:
public void setMyEndPoint(Map aMapOfProxy);

where aMapOfProxy is an ObjectName to proxy map.

This latter approach allows to perform "informed" invocations (in other
words based on the ObjectName) on the endpoints.

Any concern?

Say “goodbye” to busy signals and slow downloads with a high-speed Internet
connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average. (Prices may vary by service area.)

View raw message