geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <>
Subject Re: Why I am opposed to retaining the name Geronimo, and whi I consider this VOTE to be biased.
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:25:37 GMT

In the interest of balance I found this quote

"The white man may have taken my land. But he took it like a warrior, fair
and square. Yes, he treated my people harshly. But he never denied their
bravery, never besmirched their memory as warriors."

and this one

"Why does the U.S. military have helicopters named "Apache" and
"Comanche"--but none that are named "Arikara" or "Ojibwa?" They name their
weapons systems after the fiercest tribes, because they want some of that
fierceness to rub off."