geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject JIRA Migration Project Confirmation
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:27:36 GMT
AltRMI, Jelly, Geronimo, and Phoenix Developers and PMC Members,

Apache has set up Jira on nagoya (http://nagoya.apache.org/jira).  We are in
the process of working with codehaus to migrate the ASF projects.

Maven has indicated that they wish to remain on codehaus.  Atlassian has
said that they will start work on a tool to import individual projects from
Jira, which will also be necessary to import Apache Forrest, I believe.

We're currently using a test load from codehaus.  We have done some
preliminary checks, and it appears to be working OK, minus a minor
presentation bug that Atlassian advises was introduced in the latest
version, and has now been fixed.

Again, please report any problems to jira@apache.org.  Note: this is just a
test database.  Feel free to test whatever features you need; when we do the
live migration, all data will be deleted.  If there are no reported
problems, we will pickup another dump from codehaus, at which time those
projects will be made read-only.

We would like to migrate the projects shortly.  Possibly this weekend or
early next week, if there are no objections and we can coordinate the
necessary resources in real-time.  What we need from each project is an up
or down indication on whether they see an problem with migrating the live
data.  We do not want to catch any project by surprise, or cause problems.

	--- Noel