geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrice Le Vexier" <plevex...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Jeep is a Trademarc of the Chrysler corporation
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:40:42 GMT
Is the trademark in US protects only similar services or products ? If the
product is different, car (or other) versus app server, it is not possible
to use it ?
It's more a question than an affirmation...

Patrice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : n. alex rupp [mailto:rupp0035@umn.edu]
Envoyé : jeudi 18 décembre 2003 15:27
À : geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Objet : Jeep is a Trademarc of the Chrysler corporation

You cannot name the project "Jeep".  The word is a trademarc of the Chrysler
corporation, so it's out of bounds for the same reason as "Kleenex",
"Frisbee"
and "Cheetos".

Sorry to anyone who was pushing for that : (

(please finish the vote and bury this godawful thread. we hates it, we hates
it.)
--
N. Alex  Rupp (n_alex_rupp@users.sf.net)