geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject RE: Interceptors
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:01:07 GMT
I was thinking the same thing that you were, EJBSecurityInterceptor
should be moved to OpenEJB.  I think that we should avoid bringing in
OpenEJB interfaces back into Geronimo, if we can help it.

I am entertaining the idea that containers can provide their own
pluggable PolcyContextFactories.  Theses PolicyContexts would be highly
optimized for their containers, e.g. OpenEJB PolcyContexts would use
bitvecs for their permission checks.

I've been holding off on this while our discussions, Jan and I,
progress.  I'm kind of thinking that there may be a way to use this
pluggable PolcyContextFactory to satisfy Jan's concerns about dynamic
roles.

Regards,
Alan