geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Interceptors
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:40:26 GMT
On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 11:01 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I was thinking the same thing that you were, EJBSecurityInterceptor
> should be moved to OpenEJB.  I think that we should avoid bringing in
> OpenEJB interfaces back into Geronimo, if we can help it.

+1 I see no reason why we need to 'pollute' (no offense) geronimo with
a specific implementation of EJB.  The Geronimo architecture is generic
enough that we can support  several EJB implementations from different
projects without forcing them all into a singular architecture (set of
interfaces and such).

> I am entertaining the idea that containers can provide their own
> pluggable PolcyContextFactories.  Theses PolicyContexts would be highly
> optimized for their containers, e.g. OpenEJB PolcyContexts would use
> bitvecs for their permission checks.

I'm going to need more detail, but I was thinking of something similar
(I think ;)

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner