geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Son...@bpc.com>
Subject RE: Standard prefix for mailing list subject lines
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 19:18:51 GMT
Actually, the TO field is geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org.  Either your
client or possibly email server (?) is not working correctly if it changes
that address.

What's your setup? (email client, email server, OS)

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Alvin Thompson [mailto:al@thompsonlogic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 1:15 PM
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org

the 'TO' field is the recipient, of course. the "CC" field is not used,
the "FROM" field is the actual sender. the only thing in the emails that
gives a clue to its origins is the "REPLY-TO" field. my (and many) email
client doesn't filter on this.

besides, it would be nice to look at the one-line summary info (subject,
from, date) and instantly know it's not spam, without relying on
anti-spam software.

-alvin