geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Charlton Barreto <charlto...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: [concurrency-interest] Executors and J2EE Work frameworks
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:50:51 GMT
Although at first I had my reservations about these specs, upon further
review I believe they to be worthwhile efforts, and they should be
carefully observed. I would like to see someone represent this
community in either or both EGs, esp. the Work Manager group. With Work
Management, a number of issues exist w.r.t. propagating transaction and
security contexts between threads - managing run-as authentication and
enabling concurrent propagation of a single transaction context
immediately come to mind. With Timers, there are various issue with
addressing timer thread management within a J2EE container in a general
fashion. The spec proposals do not cover all of these, and if these
specs can receive input and guidance from various experts, they can
hopefully address thread and timer management within J2EE in a
comprehensive manner.