geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Is ejb spec ambiguous about transaction attributes?
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:09:40 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I don't see anything in the ejb 2.1 spec that indicates how to interpret
> transaction attributes such as these:
>
> <container-transaction>
>   <method>
>     <ejb-name>MyEJB</ejb-name>
>     <method-intf>Local<method-intf>
>     <method-name>*</method-name>
>   </method>
>   <trans-attribute>Required</trans-attribute>
> </container-transaction>
>
> <container-transaction>
>   <method>
>     <ejb-name>MyEJB</ejb-name>
>     <method-intf>Remote<method-intf>
>     <method-name>*</method-name>
>   </method>
>   <trans-attribute>Supported</trans-attribute>
> </container-transaction>
>
> <container-transaction>
>   <method>
>     <ejb-name>MyEJB</ejb-name>
>    <!-- doSomething is in both local and remote interfaces -->
>     <method-name>doSomething</method-name>
>   </method>
>   <trans-attribute>RequiresNew</trans-attribute>
> </container-transaction>
>
> I assume that the third overrides the other two, but I don't see that
> specified anywhere.  Any help?
>
> thanks
> david jencks

[EJB2.1 pp 378] "If there is also a container-transaction element that
uses Style 1 element for the same bean, the value specified by the Style
2 element takes precedence." And similarly for Style 3.

So your 3rd case, which is Style 2, overrides the first two which are
both Style 1.

Or so I read it :-)

--
Jeremy