geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject [build] Maven repository for Geronimo?
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:33:30 GMT
I'd like to suggest that we set up our own Maven repository that we can
use when building Geronimo.

This is prompted by the fact that I've literally been waiting months for
the Tomcat 5 jars to be pushed up to the main Maven repository over on
Ibiblio, and I notice a few other people in the same boat. This is
hampering our progress, and I also think it isn't fair to put the load
on the Maven committers to copy up every other project's jars to Ibiblio
in a timely fashion.

Therefore, I suggest we create a Maven repository on one of the machines
at Apache to which all of the Geronimo committers have write access so
we can keep it up to date.

I volunteer to do this and consult with Apache people about an
appropriate machine.

Jan