geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Project Name - digression
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:03:35 GMT
Danny Angus wrote:

>If you don't change it now think how hard it will be in future as the brand
>builds to ever consider changing it again.
>
>I think it is unncessary, and undesirable, to misappropriate Native
>American symbolism for this purpose. How would you feel if an iconic symbol
>from your culture was used in this way?
>
>I'lI bet there are hundreds of really good and uncontentious names we could
>use.

All these arguments have already been trotted out.

I would rather not see this thread break down into yet another such
discussion.

If you start making points against, I will feel behoven to respond to
keep the playing pitch level, and we will be back to square one very
quickly.

If people feel the need to discuss these issues all over again, perhaps
we should spawn another thread - or better perhaps a Wiki page (If one
does not already exist).

Jules

>[ ] Yes, Keep the name Geronimo
>[X] No, Change the name

>The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only. If
you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended

>This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses.

 * Jules Gosnell
 * Partner
 * Core Developers Network (Europe)