geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Two XLevel classes? Why?
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:26:40 GMT
Hi,

Just found that there're two XLevel classes:

   *
modules/common/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/common/log/log4j/XLevel.java
   * modules/kernel/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/kernel/log/XLevel.java

diff shows that there're similar and the only significant difference is
their package name.

Geronimo's log4j.properties seems to imply that the former is valid.

log4j.rootCategory=TRACE#org.apache.geronimo.kernel.log.XLevel, CONSOLE

Why do these classes coexist?

p.s. Once I had finished with the email I've found out why setting TRACE
didn't work. TRACE#org.apache.geronimo.kernel.log.XLevel is what I had
to use.

Jacek