geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [jsr109] geronimo integration
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 06:09:23 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I have one clarifying question.  What is the role of the JNDI Service
> Interface in your drawings.  I assume it relates to your deployment step
> 3 "Once the parsing is done the binding in JNDI will occur."  I'm not
> familiar with JSR 109 so what do you need to bind into JNDI?

I'm not sure about the JNDI binding either. I am assuming that you
intend to look up the (local) home interface in JNDI and invoke using
that; however, I do not believe this will work as is as there is a need
to differentiate between an interface-based invocation and a
service-endpoint invocation (see e.g. the operation table on page 100 of
the EJB2.1 spec).

It would be possible for the 109 implementation to create the
appropriate EJBInvocation directly but that couples the web service
proxy to the EJB impl which is probably not a good thing. I think a
better alternative would be to have the EJBContainer create a new
EJBClientContainer that would handle a web service request from any 109
impl. Sound feasible?

--
Jeremy