geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [jsr109] geronimo integration
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 05:40:30 GMT
I have one clarifying question.  What is the role of the JNDI Service
Interface in your drawings.  I assume it relates to your deployment
step 3 "Once the parsing is done the binding in JNDI will occur."  I'm
not familiar with JSR 109 so what do you need to bind into JNDI?

The dependencies can be handled several ways, but the easiest is if you
service is a servlet in a war it will not be deployed until the servlet
engine is started.  Otherwise, you can declare a required endpoint to
the web server and the service will not start until the web server is
running.

-dain