geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: JCA and Drools
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:02:36 GMT

On Tuesday, December 23, 2003, at 09:42 AM, Chris Perrin wrote:

> <whimper/>
>
> Right-o.  Thanks David, that gives me a starting point, yet begs
> another
> question and one I think I know the answer to.  Would your recommend
> going
> the MBean route with Drools?

Well, I think that whatever the problems might be, Drools needs a jsr94
interface, so I think that is a good place to start.

On the other hand, you can probably simply deploy an appropriate drools
object as a GeronimoMBean simply by writing a descriptor for it.  The
question is then, however, what components will use it and how, and how
will the transaction and security contexts get propagated. Although the
jca framework's answers to these questions don't make complete sense to
me in the context of a rule engine, at least they provide some answer.

I haven't looked into jsr94 enough to be able to comment on this any
more intelligently yet.

david jencks