geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Harnden <wowf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why I am opposed to retaining the name Geronimo, and whi I consider this VOTE to be biased.
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 06:42:57 GMT
This group is ridiculous.  I am unsubscribing....

Greg Wilkins <gregw@mortbay.com> wrote:

Tim Anderson wrote:
> If this project can get written permission from Geronimo's descendents
> or his custodians, then by all means use the name Geronimo.
> If not, find another name.

Tim,

I don't think permission is needed to reuse a name.

There a probably millions of people out there called Jesus.
Babies are named all the time after famous people.
I know cats called Albert Einstein.
David Beckams first child was named after a bridge in new york
I'm named after 3 popes and I'm not even catholic.

cheers