geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike <>
Subject Re: Jeep is a trademark of Chrysler
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:06:59 GMT
The principle to trademark infringement is whether it creates
confusion in the marketplace.  "Jeep" is a widely recognized trademark
in this country, and has been applied to non-vehicular, "lifestyle"
products, I believe, though nothing like an app server!  So there's
potential for confusion, but it's arguable.  And we have enough to
argue about right now.

To add to the confusion, Jeep actually released a vehicle called

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:40:42PM -0500, Patrice Le Vexier wrote:
> Is the trademark in US protects only similar services or products ? If the
> product is different, car (or other) versus app server, it is not possible
> to use it ?

View raw message