geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Mark Donaghy <philipmarkdona...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why I am opposed to retaining the name Geronimo, and whi I consider this VOTE to be biased.
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:36:20 GMT
I agree with Danny. Perhaps it is time that names like
Apache and Geronimo be avoided, scary as that sounds.
I don't believe that The Apache Way could in any way
have an adverse affect on Native Americans, but
encouraging these types of references could bite
Apache in the tail over the long run.

I just thought of a name that applies to one of
Geronimos main functionalities deployment.

Deploymat - As in ejBean Diplomat.

Deployman, Deplywoman, Deployone

British Version : Deploymate

If Geronimo really wants to attract attention the name
should contain a reference to a planet or solar
system.

EjbOfTheUniverse - Playing with the letters ejb

or the most simple thing that exists in science like,

Atom
Electroejb
Hydroejbean - Adapted from Hydrogen
Proton
Neutron

Some really short names...

Jel - I found some great stuff when I googled this.
jEb

Benjamin - my cousins first name.

Sorry if anyone was offended by these names, I'm just
concerned about the well being of this project thats
all.

Phil