geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <>
Subject Re: Project Name - digression
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:57:57 GMT
On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 08:52:35PM +0000, Jules Gosnell wrote:
> If you read/quoted the full context of my posting :
> "If people feel the need to discuss these issues all over again, perhaps
> we should spawn another thread - or better perhaps a Wiki page (If one
> does not already exist). "
> you would, perhaps, notice that I had no intention of censoring anyone.
> In fact I am quite open to further discussion on the subject. The VOTE
> thread is a VOTE thread and will become quite indecipherable and useless
> if it contains more noise than signal.
> if we want to discuss all this stuff again it should be somewhere other
> than the VOTE thread - either this digression thread or the wiki.

-1 to having discussions on a Wiki.

When you require someone to start a new thread *after* a vote has
been called, you are effectively preventing their opinions from
entering into the vote discussion. If that was not your intention,
then why do you care if they add their signal to the noise?

In other words, if people have opinions that might factor into the
vote that I cast, then I want to hear them before I cast my vote.

View raw message