geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: JCA and Drools
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:10:48 GMT
I've now actually looked at jsr94 and drools a bit and think that there
is no reason whatsoever to implement a jca adapter for drools, at least
not for use in geronimo.  The only effects would be to slow everything
down.  Before actually reading the spec I had formed the idea that it
required access through a jca adapter: since it doesn't, lets not do it
that way.

Instead, I now think that the best way to deploy in geronimo is to wrap
drools in a (geronimo) mbean with a method getRulesRuntime that returns
the Drools RulesRuntime implementation.  This can be bound directly
into a ReadOnlyContext for an ejb or servlet just as jca adapters are
using the "jmx" context.

Something similar could be done for the administration interface.

Sorry for the misleading commens earlier,
I'm happy to supply more advice on request.

thanks
david jencks