geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alvin Thompson ...@thompsonlogic.com>
Subject Re: Project Name - digression
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:35:44 GMT
<more-digression>

does anyone else think that it's ironic that we use such a low-tech way
to vote when we're developing an application server? wouldn't it be
trivial to implement a web service that would allow people to vote and
post comments about the vote, so that subsequent voters can
read/contribute to the comments before voting if they wish?

the complaints that 'this is a vote thread, and the s/n ratio must be
kept high' or 'spinning off a new thread during a vote effectively
prevents the comments from being heard' both show that a better voting
system is needed.

since we're developers here the UI wouldn't have to be pretty, and i
imagine that someone somewhere has already implemented an open-source
version...

</more-digression>

--
Alvin Thompson