geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alvin Thompson ...@thompsonlogic.com>
Subject Re: Standard prefix for mailing list subject lines
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 20:58:13 GMT
dain:

> This was discussed when the list was originally started and
> almost everyone disliked the idea.

i've now read the entire list, and the only thing i saw that relates to
the mailing list format is a vote on whether to add the mailing list as
the "reply-to" field:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org&msgNo=114

i also saw this discussion for patch subject naming conventions:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org&msgNo=1740

these have nothing to do with my suggestion (reread the original
message).

i also saw this thread where the same thing was asked for but only one
person answered. that person supported the idea:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org&msgNo=2040

can you point me in the direction of this discussion where "almost
everyone disliked the idea"? maybe those messages somehow weren't saved?
frankly, i find that very difficult to believe. can you explain to me
why almost everyone would dislike the idea of prepending the subject
lines of mailing list messages so they may be easily identified?

-alvin