geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alvin Thompson ...@thompsonlogic.com>
Subject Re: Standard prefix for mailing list subject lines
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 20:57:48 GMT
to all who responded with the "get a better email program" argument:

you're missing the point, so let me state it yet again:

besides, it would be nice to look at the one-line summary info (subject,
from, date) and instantly know it's not spam, without relying on
anti-spam/filtering software.

i honestly don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a way to prepend the
subject lines of mailing list mails. this is a very basic feature, and
every mailing list program worth using has it. if you do not want to use
it, you should be able to turn it off. but surely you can see why it
would be useful.

i get the impression some people here are arguing just for the sake of
arguing. grow up.

FYI, the software i often use to check my email is PapiMail on Treo
600/300 phones. i have to choose what to download (or delete) based on
the subject line. there is no room on the display to show anything else
besides the subject/from fields without making it too awkward to use.

-alvin