geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alvin Thompson ...@thompsonlogic.com>
Subject Re: Standard prefix for mailing list subject lines
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 19:14:52 GMT
the 'TO' field is the recipient, of course. the "CC" field is not used,
the "FROM" field is the actual sender. the only thing in the emails that
gives a clue to its origins is the "REPLY-TO" field. my (and many) email
client doesn't filter on this.

besides, it would be nice to look at the one-line summary info (subject,
from, date) and instantly know it's not spam, without relying on
anti-spam software.

-alvin