geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [committers] can you build the website?
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:39:48 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> I have to say, I do not see the merit in putting the generated website
> into CVS.  Maybe I am misunderstanding people's intentions.

It allows for

* people to make changes concurrently
* storage of stuff like .htaccess files
* auto-recovery by the infrastructure team
* one less thing to back up

and similar stuff, but yes, it is basically a major **** in the **** and
I also think everyone agrees it is far from optimal. There's several
people working on getting something more useful in place.

In the meantime, please bear with the inconvenience (or help improve on
policy! Scream, kick, shout, help build a useful tool; scratch your itch
:D).

>  Anyway, I
> have a job, which runs nightly now, that generates the site.  Would it
> be a good idea to upload the project reports on a nightly basis?

yep.

- LSD