geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Proposal: Change the way interceptors are stacked
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:25:05 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>Sounds interesting but kinda slow.  Do I have to go through all those
>iterators to get my call done?
You are right. It is slower than the current strategy. Indeed, the number of
method invocations required to traverse the pipeline is multiplied by two.
Actually, I thought that the time required to call a method, which forwards
the invocation to the next Interceptor, is not significant compared to the
execution time of an Interceptor. This assumption may be wrong.

However if it is right, then the order of magnitude of performance is the
same for these two strategies and the proposed one is more flexible.

IIRC, this strategy is used by Catalina's containers. They call it a Valve.

Thanks for that.
Gianny

MSN Messenger  http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866 : dialoguez en direct et
gratuitement avec vos amis !