geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV service
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 22:22:19 GMT
Greg Wilkins wrote:
>I have heard that the tomcat servlet is tomcat specific, but it should
>not be too difficult to fix that (one hopes)
Actually, it is possible to deploy the Tomcat's servlet pretty easily within
Jetty: just right now, I do have a WebDAV service running within a light
Jetty container (Server + ServletHttpHandler).

The Tomcat's Servlet uses standard JNDI features (DirContext) in order to
store and retrieve the nodes of a given namespace. To deploy this servlet
within Jetty, one just have to define a file system DirContext - also
provided by Tomcat - for this servlet.

As you may guess, this Servlet uses some Tomcat specific helpers, and this
is perhaps an issue.

However, is it possible to use such an hybrid, in the short term ?

Cheers,
Gianny

MSN Messenger 6  http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866 : plus de personnalisation, plus
de fun pour vous et vos amisÂ…