geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject WebDAV service
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:14:18 GMT
Hello,

It seems that we will need a WebDAV service in order to implement the
"distribute" operation of JSR88. More accurately, I would like to add a
"distribute" task, which will trigger a "put" (it seems that a "get" is not
likely to work) method on the client-side.

So, here is a short description of how this service will be implemented:

- A HTTP server needs to be deployed: I will re-use the HttpServer of Jetty
and implement a HttpHandler in charge of handling the WebDAV protocol
additional methods. AFAIK, one does not need to support all the WebDAV
methods, however it will be rather easy to implement such an handler.
- The actual WebDAV server will be jakarta-Slide. More accurately, I will
perform minor updates in order to mount Slide as a base service and not as a
web-app. Regarding this point, if anyone prefers another WebDAV
implementation, I am ready to change my mind.

Any concern?

BTW, I know that one could also mount such a service has a connector (WebDAV
defines connections, transactions and security so this is a rather good
outbound connection candidate), however to mount it as a standalone service
avoids a J2EECA dependency. Hence this approach.

Cheers,
Gianny

MSN Messenger 6  http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866 : plus de personnalisation, plus
de fun pour vous et vos amisÂ…