geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Remoting Update
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:05:32 GMT
	Okay, with the latest changes, the extraneous connections and OOM
error are gone (thanks Hiram!).  It turns out I was mistaken about the
original NotificationFilter issue.  I have made my filter serailizable,
and it gets applied on the server side.

	However, I've now got a different problem.  The
NotificationListener does not seem to be removed properly.  It may be
related to the fact that I have a Serializable NotificationFilter set,
whereas the test case had no filter.  I've updated the test case
(JMXRemotingTestMain), though you'll have to jar up the test classes under
modules/remoting/test-classes into some JAR under target/geronimo-DEV/lib
so the server can see the class for the Serializable NotificationFilter in
order for the Serializable filter to work.

	I guess as a side effect of this, a while after the client quits
(either the test class or the JSR-88 client), the server starts vomiting
stack traces -- I guess this is when the connect timeout has expired or
something.  Once the remove problem is fixed, we may be able to work
around this in the case of JSR-88 by keeping a registry of listeners, and
adding a shutdown hook to unregister any listeners that are still there.
How does that sound?  We have to find *some* way around it, because the
logs will go berserk if we put out hundreds of lines of exceptions every 3
seconds until you restart the server...

Aaron