geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Deployment / Partnership / JSR-88
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:50:16 GMT
Markus,
	Right now the Geronimo JSR-88 implementation is "partial".  There
are DConfigBeans available (mainly for EJB JAR modules, but a couple for
web app modules too), and they should do the right thing, but the other
modules types and the actions (distribute, start, etc.) are by and large
not really implemented.  Among other things, we have not worked out the
packaging necessary to get all the classes together for the network
operation.

	If you want to start fooling around with the DConfigBeans, you can
build the "core" module of Geronimo and take the jsr88-geronimo-plugin.jar
file from the modules/core/target/ directory, and you'll need Log4J too.
Then use the URL "deployer:geronimo:" for disconnected mode, or
"deployer:geronimo://hostname" for connected mode (assuming you have a
Geronimo server running).

	If you want to talk about the JSR-88 spec or exchange
implementation ideas, you're welcome to do so here, and I'll help you out
however I can (I was on the JSR-88 expert group).

Aaron