geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Unofficial relase for Geronimo
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 03:42:13 GMT
	I call to terminate the project immediately, on the basis that it
used the Codehaus Wiki instead of the "proper" Apache Wiki before Apache
adopted that Wiki after all, which at least remotely smells like working
around the Apache infrastructure to me.

	Does that make sense?

	Seriously, I don't object to Apache procedures, but by and large
the "Apache folks" have been leaving the "Geronimo folks" to our own
devices.  The last thing you need to do is show up from out of nowhere on
the mailing list and threaten to terminate the project.  Please, if you'd
like to provide guidance, participate incrementally all along, and help in
the decision making process in a more constructive way.

	This project has done some absolutely amazing things (particularly
in the past week, preparing the working demo presented at ApacheCon), and
it has an incredible team, and we're certainly open to guidance and larger
participation by existing Apache committers and members, but let's try to
keep it positive.

Aaron