geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: DeploymentPlanner - Base class
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:53:30 GMT
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> That is what I thought.  We can easily find all deployments with an
> ObjectName pattern query.
> That won't work.  Dependencies are static and so are notification
> listeners, so when every you changed states you would have to
> reestablish all dependencies and any listener would have to reregister.

	Well, most of the JSR-88 methods want to get a list of modules in
a particular state (running, stopped, etc.).  Do you think it's worth
using an ObjectName query and then individually querying every module for
its state as opposed to trying to maintain a indexed list of every module
with its state and type?

Aaron