geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: DeploymentPlanner - Base class
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 15:34:12 GMT
	I thought we were going to use the JMX ObjectNames to identify
deployments, rather than keeping an actual repository somewhere?  I guess
one of the questions to answer on that score is whether we could put the
status as a property in the ObjectName and change it as the module is
started, stopped, etc.  If so, then it's almost a no-brainer to do it that
way.  If not, then it would be more work to pull out the right subset of
deployed modules.

	I disagree with your assertion that the server should pull code on
a distribute -- among other things, that assumes that the server can
freely contact that client, which I don't think is necessarily true, or a
good idea.  However I do agree that the distribute call shouldn't block --
I asked earlier if there was a way to stream data to the server over JMX
and got no answer, so I think we need to set up a standard servlet to
receive the data or something.

Aaron