geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: A Letter from JBoss's lawyers
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:52:02 GMT
> The JBoss letter did bring up one good point, can we finally get
> trace level logging into commons-logging so every project in the
> world doesn't need to adapt the Log4j examples?

Commons Logging, or Log4J?  Those are two separate projects.  Commons
Logging has had trace for almost two years.  But when it calls Log4J, it
maps trace to debug because Log4J doesn't have a trace level.  So it seems
to me that it is Log4J that needs to add a standard trace level.  Am I
missing something?

> Does anyone here have influence with the commons-logging Committers ?

YOU do.  Apache is run as a meritocracy.  Subscribe to that mailing list and
make the case.

	--- Noel