geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: New Goal -- Milestone Release
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 05:55:24 GMT
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

> Looking at the second document (which appears to be more official than
> the first) reveals two uses of "(Reference to Charter)".  After some
> study I can't resolve these references nor figure out what the proper
> procedure to follow is.  Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Not something that you need to worry about, although the PMC does.  Those
are references to the Incubator project's charter.

One thing that I, wearing my PMC Member hat, will want to see is that we
have put the JBoss situation to bed.  Yes, we want to put out a milestone,
but I think that we need to make sure that the allegations have been
answered via appropriate channels.  I could be wrong on that, but I'd rather
error on the side of caution, and hear that I am wrong from those with more
experience in this particular legal arena.

	--- Noel