geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Universal Geronimo Service Repository
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:43:18 GMT
> We need to certify a build of Geronimo - so Geronimo will be synonymous
> with a J2EE certified distribution. However there's no reason why we
> can't have a configuration tool that ships as a standard part of the
> Geronimo distribution where folks can plug and play any J2EE service -
> which just creates a new configuration of services for Geronimo.

I don't think that we disagree on any of that.  My point is that if Geronimo
can support more than one:

  servlet engine
  EJB container
  Transaction Manager
  JMS Provider
  etc.

then I believe that we need to certify at least one combination, and that
any combination that we do not certify AS A COMBINATION is not certified.

Is your understanding of the certification process different?

	--- Noel