geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Universal Geronimo Service Repository
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 23:56:03 GMT
> Why don't we put together a J2EE service repository.
> Think Maven jar repository but for Geronimo deployment
> units - all ready to run.

I encourage anyone interested in this to also join the repository@apache.org
mailing list.  See
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=177

> This would allow any open source project or commercial vendor to easily
> plugin to Geronimo in a well known, well documented and well tested
> way.

A major goal of Geronimo is to deliver a certified J2EE platform.  As I
understand the TCK, we certify a total package.  Yes, someone could plug-in
another component, but in many cases, that will invalidate the certification
or require re-certfication.  I don't know of any reason why we cannot
perform TCK certification on multiple packagings, but AFAIK it is the
packaging that is certified.

	--- Noel