geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: A Letter from JBoss's lawyers
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:13:10 GMT
Alex,

> I've read the different posts [on The Server Side], the letter,
> considered the examples, and I think the matter can be dealt with.
> If any of the accusations prove to be substantial, I'm certain
> we'll be able to resolve them in short order.

That's good to hear.  What would help now would be for all Geronimo
Committers to take a momentary pause from active development (so that we get
all hands on board), review the code, review the claims, and provide a
technical response similar to the one posted by Jim, except one that
reflects a voted consensus of the Committers.

*IF* any code is found in the CVS that ought not to be there, then it just
needs to be resolved.  Calmly, matter of factly, without blame.  No one is
accusing anyone of anything.  Mistakes happen, as evidenced by JBoss' own
letter.  I am sure that they would not have submitted two of their three
exhibits if they'd remembered that they'd acquired the code from the ASF in
the first place.

By the way, this might be a good time to point out that there is a #geronimo
IRC channel (basically unused) on irc.freenode.net.  The freenode IRC
network is where all of the other Apache channels are located.

	--- Noel