geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Developing in CVS rather than importing, and cross-fertilization
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:47:58 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> It is helpful to do large development *in* CVS rather than
> "off in a corner." This is necessary for code review
> purposes, for design discussions, and to ensure a feeling of
> cooperation/community.

It is also unclear how much work is being done that could be mined from
other ASF projects.  I'm not aware of what conversations are happening
between the Geronimo community and, for example, Tomcat.  There is some
degree of re-use, but perhaps there could be more.

For example, could any of Tomcat's realm code, which includes JAAS in Tomcat
5, coyote code, naming, etc., be re-purposed?  Would there be a point to
having a brainstorm session between folks like Costin and Craig, and the
Geronimo folks?

Bringing in new blood with new ideas is always healthy to a project.  There
are almost 1000 subscribers to this project, lots of voices wanting to help,
but only a bit more than a dozen Committers.

	--- Noel