geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Licensing for type-safe enum
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:16:17 GMT
> Yes I wrote the Velocity template, but I believe it could be considered
> a work based on the example code found on Josh's site here:
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/effective/

Oh?  Wait a minute?  You saw an example of a type-safe enum in Josh's book
as a best practice, you wrote something to generate a type-safe enum based
upon that example, and THAT is why you applied the Sun license?

Hopefully, someone more involved in this area can give us a more definitely
answer, but I don't believe that what you did was necessary.

	--- Noel