geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject [logging] Resolving Logj4 issue
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:00:43 GMT
The Log4J issue on geronimo-dev@ brought out the suggestion that Log4J
(right place) or Commons Logging (expedient place) add TRACE level support
to the core code, thus relieving each app from having to do it.

I also suggest that geronimo-dev give serious consideration to adopting
Log4J v1.3, on the grounds that it will be the Release version long before
Geronimo is ready for Release, and Log4J has changes that effect this code
area.

If either of those things happen, I believe that the Log4J issue goes away.

Having said that, I leave it to the Log4J, Commons Logging, and Geronimo
Committers to resolve it.

	--- Noel