geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [committers] can you build the website?
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:15:13 GMT
> > You gotta be kidding me.   Put 190Mbytes of generated stuff into CVS?

> Them's the rules right now & we have to abide by them. I personally
> think its silly but there you go. I don't think projects like Maven
> do this, so maybe whenever geronimo leaves the incubator we could
> address this.

They don't, as far as I know.  Geronimo is hardly the only project to raise
a concern about "190MB of generated artifacts in CVS?!"  There are various
alternative solutions being looked at, including a build server.  So look
for things to change down the road.  No one is trying to do stupid things.
They just want to make sure that in the event of a problem, we can recover
in a relatively painless fashion.

	--- Noel