geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: A Letter from JBoss's lawyers
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:18:15 GMT
>>> can we finally get trace level logging into commons-logging
>>> so every project in the world doesn't need to adapt the
>>> Log4j examples?

> Log4j doesn't need to add anything.  If they don't want a TRACE level,
> the commons-logging team can just add it like every one else does.

I see what you're suggesting.  We could add a Log4J TRACE level to the Log4J
implemention of Commons Logging the same way that applications do it by hand
today.  Prepare a patch and submit it.  Please note that the patch should
also include the corresponding unit test code.

> I personally think it would be nice to have Log4j to add it to the next
> version, but the community needs it to work today with the current
> version of Log4j.

I might argue that point.  Geronimo won't be released for a while, and could
start to use next generation code.

	--- Noel

View raw message