geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: JBoss Exhibit C : org.apache.geronimo.common.InvocationType
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:55:21 GMT
> Here's my conclusion.  I would appreciate commentary :

Don't forget that the InvocationType class closely follows a Java practice
published in:

 "Effective Java Programming Language Guide"
 by Joshua Bloch
 Published: Addison-Wesley Pub Co; 1st edition (June 5, 2001)
 ISBN: 0201310058

The comments and code in the JBoss CVS seem to bear this out:

  Revision 1.1
  Fri Jun 14 01:32:40 2002 UTC (17 months ago) by dsundstrom
  CVS Tags: JBoss_3_1_0_1
  Converted Invocation constants into type safe enumerations.

Similar examples can be found in the JDK.

	--- Noel