geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: Status of JMS
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:12:54 GMT

I was not involved in them, but as I understand it there have been prior
conversations between ASF and Intalio/Exolab regarding the use and
redistribution of Exolab licensed software by the ASF. As a result of those
conversations, it was believed that Intalio would require some form of
'click-through' agreement that indemnified them from harm, or something
similarly legal. The ASF was not in a position to meet Intalio's
requirements.

As you, and others, have pointed out, none of this is indicated by the
Exolab license, so I am not sure if this is a legal issue or ASF simply
wishing to honour Intalio's intentions. A comment from someone involved in
those original discussions would certainly help clarify this.

Currently Geronimo is operating on the premise we cannot re-use Exolab
licensed code, which means we are missing out on some of the best technology
available. If we are working under a misconception and would be able to
freely use, modify and redistribute code from projects like OpenJMS and
OpenORB, we would like to know.

--
Jeremy