geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Jetty and JACC
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:33:31 GMT
I'm looking at Jetty v5.0alpha and it's not clear to me where the best
place is to hook in authorization.  While authentication seems pretty
pluggable, via the UserRealm interface.  It seems the only way to plug
in authorization is to replace the SecurityHandler, which seems to be a
little draconian.

You may need a little background.  JACC requires that authorization
decisions go through a JACC policy provider and it's pretty specific
about how this is done.  I was hoping to drop in a Geronimo web
authorization module that takes a principal, data constraint, method,
path, and deployment id, and perform this JACC authorization check.  It
seems that a way to drop in a replacement for the static method
SecurityConstraint.check() would be handy.  It's not clear to me how I
would get the deployment id from there.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Alan