geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse Beaumont" <Jesse.Beaum...@edina.co.uk>
Subject RE: Starting writing testcases
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:16:59 GMT
Hi,

Siva, Cian and myself are all working in the core module just now.  I
started with o.a.g.client tests and have now done the first cut (I had
to leave out o.a.g.client.Launcher for now because I can't figure out
how to test the main method satisfactorily since it calls System.exit on
error) so will be submitting that soon.
Last I heard Siva was working on o.a.g.xml.deployment and Cian was going
to start with o.a.g.ejb and work down (correct me if I'm wrong, guys)

Incidentally, questions to one/all of the committers,

a) when adding new files do you want a cvs diff (I don't know if cvs
diff picks up local-only files) or just the files?

b) the website (somewhere) states that code should be submitted to the
mailing list, but looking at jira it looks like people have been posting
it there, is that the preferred option?  If so the website should
probably be updated with new instructions.

One other point about the use of assert.  Has it been assumed that all
code and tests will be executed with assertion checking enabled?  It
becomes very difficult to write tests for assertions unless we assume
that because turning assertion checking off will cause assertion based
tests to fail.  For the time being I have just left out tests for the
assertions which in theory is fine except that the clover report does
not show as complete because of it.

Jesse