geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse Beaumont" <Jesse.Beaum...@edina.co.uk>
Subject RE: Starting writing testcases
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:58:23 GMT
Hi Cian,

I've started putting together some unit tests for the core packages.  In
particular I am currently writing tests for the classes in
org.apache.geronimo.client.

My intention was to move down the package list on the core module first.

Jesse

-----Original Message-----
From: cian [mailto:cian_oconnor@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 12 November 2003 03:19
To: geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Starting writing testcases

Hi,

I've been browsing the mail archives, and the wiki documentation, and
figure
the best way to develop a deeper understanding this project is either to
write some test cases, or write documentation. I've run clover, and
there
seems to be plenty of the code that needs unit testing. However, I'd
rather
not repeat what other people are doing.

So:

1) Are other people writing unit tests. If so what?
2) Are there particular components that need testing more badly than
others
(for example: core, common, or kernel).
3) How do I get a license for clover? Do I just tell them that I'm
working
on this project, or is there another method?

Further point. It might be worth ammending the documentation to point
out
that you have to add the command line option: -Dmaven.test.force=true

Thanks,

Cian

PS - I'll introduce myself if/when I add something to this project ;)

---  Disclaimer  ---

Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by a Director of Edina Software, this communication
is to be treated as confidential and the information in it may not be used or disclosed except
for the purpose for which it has been sent. If you have reason to believe that you are not
the intended recipient of this communication, please contact the sender immediately.