geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Non-EJB container JTA
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:04:56 GMT
Current solution is just to provide a "Transaction" interface with
implementations built from the various persistence repositories (which
know what they are using) in the application. Distributed transactions
(two step) aren't needed thankfully.

The "Transaction" namespace pollution is getting so annoying that I
just want to provide JTA because every persistence backend we support
knows how to handle JTA nicely if it is provided to it.

-Brian