geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject JBoss Exhibit "D" : similarity between org.apache.geronimo.common.Invocation and org.jboss.invocation.Invocation
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:21:03 GMT
Claim : both files contain "AsIs", "Transient" and "Marhsalled", which
are believed to be JBoss-specific payloads, and thus could only be
there via copying. Further, the Invocation file is central to the JBoss
architecture, and thus copying could have great impact throughout
Geronimo.

(I forgot this - the JBoss lawyer's letter just calls it out in text,
not as a specific exhibit)

Comment : The last part, about architectural similarity, is a
non-issue, I believe.  You can't copyright the idea, just the
expression of the idea.

geirm@optonline.net